søndag den 3. maj 2009

Summer Sunshine

Just sweet beginnings and bitter endings
In coffee city, we borrowed heaven
Don't give it back, I've never felt so wanted
Are you taking me home? You tell me you have to go...
In the heat of summer sunshine
I miss you like nobody else
In the heat of summer sunshine
I kiss you, and nobody needs to know The Corrs



Today is hostmommy's birthday. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. They are both turning 45. Isn't that kind of funny?




The weekend was going good, and then today happened. Friday was sweet, then yesterday I went to a big bonfire party, real Saskatchewan, way out of town. I've never met the guy who's place we were partying on, and I didn't get to meet him. None of us knew him, which is kind of funny and adds to the mystique. The fire was massive. At least sixty people showed up, which is impressive for Yorkton, and especially Willowbrook, which took everyone quite a few u-turns to locate accurately. It was a lot of fun though, a guy's pants caught fire and a girl peed on herself, oh and Rey accidentally pulled the hoodiestring out of Gage's sweatshirt, which is like the meanest thing you can possibly do to a person. Came home reeking of fire and spilt slurpees, but its nothing Y-town hasnt seen before. Today I woke up tired and restless. I coughed and sniffled. Then I watched Weeds and did my bio homework.

Carpel - A plants female reproductive organs consisting of the ovary, stigma and style.

Dad called, which was sweet, as always. My sister is apparently on her way to Japan now, surprise! She's in Australia at the moment, so a littel random, but cool for her. And she's decided not to go into medicin, but to go into civil engineering instead: Kudos. I'm totally going to be the uneducated failure of this family, I can sense it already.

The most up-lifting happening today: I had cold chinese food for breakfast, and probably will be eating maple cheesecake in about an hour.
The most depressing: only 61 days til departure

2 kommentarer:

lindy/ sagde ...

canada is really cashing in on the whole maple thing aren't they?
happy birthday christine aaaan kirsten?

lindy/ sagde ...

wait i should've said exploited instead of cashed in.

obout

how that's almost a real word!