søndag den 29. marts 2009

She's Leaving Home

Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins
Silently closing her bedroom door
Leaving the note that she hoped would say more
She goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching her handkerchief
Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.
She (we gave her most of our lives)
is leaving (sacrificed most of our lives)
home (we gave her everything money could buy) The Beatles

Day 8
going home. It was really hard to say goodbye to all these wonderful people - again. But the reunion is in fall, Copenhagen, so buckle up people. The first wave of goodbyes was around three a.m, so no-one went to bed. It was just Braz Deborah and I in our hotel room, so I showered, got dressed comfortably and packed, one duffel sack, one backpack, a purse and a full-size cardboard cut-out of Obama wrapped in a protective layer of white trash bags. Around five we all checked out, loaded the bus and went to the D.C airport. I drank coffee, flew to Ottawa, watched my colourful duffel bag and Obama in the plastic bag getting loaded into the airplane and the guy loading it was pointing and pulling people over to watch Obama sliding up the conveyer belt which was very entertaining for me, drank more coffee, landed in Toronto for 25 minutes, two cappuchinos, and then I was finally in Regina, where my hostdad and sister picked me up. We went to starbucks, had chinese food, and then we bought a cigar and went to Sacred to rehearse the play. I sucked at first, and then I got better. We went home, I did laundry and gave people prezzies (a NYC (not I heart NY) sweater for my sister, a beer pong champ set for my bro, and Obama for my rentals)), and finally went to bed. I woke up around four p.m. the next day, very well rested but one more day to add to being behind in school. Oh well. I went to rehearsal which rocked, my costume is finally coming together, and my million and one props are more controlled now. I still look like a little drag with a penis.




video

1 kommentar:

lindy/ sagde ...

life size obama!? oh i love you.
haa when you wrote my hostdad and sister i thought: lloyd! but then remembered oh yeah she left that hell-hole.
and i've always wanted to go to ottawa. it's kind of like canberra. everyone thinks the capital is toronto/sydney but it's not!