lørdag den 28. marts 2009

Boston

Essential yet appealed
Carry all your thoughts
Across an open field
When flowers gaze at you
They're not the only ones
Who cry when they see you
You said
She said I think I'll go to Boston
Think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over
Where no one knows my name
I'll get out of California
I'm tired of the weather
Think I'll get a lover
And fly him out to Spain
I think I'll go to Boston
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town
To leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise
I'm tired of a sunset
I hear it's nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice
Oh yeah
Augustana
I'm back! I half forgot how much fun exchange students can be, especially when they come together from all over. We were about fifty, all of us doing our exchanges in North America, mostly the U.S. A lot of german germs and japanese hollaback girls, it was so great.
The best to see: Almost Famous on the plane, Broadway, Virgin record store, Harvard, 30 Rock/NBC studios
The best to be with: Marie Jo, Andre, Lorenza and Larissa. Deborah and Jakob.
The best to eat: New York Cherry Cheesecake! and really big pretzels from street vendors
The best to listen to: Depeche Mode and Andre singing Beatles
The best to sit by: the view of Boston, the Bronx in the rain, squeaky clean D.C
The best to remember: how great the Culture Camp was, and how much exchange students/foreign people rock!
The best to shop: at Urban Outfitters & American Apparel! And Necessary Clothing in SoHo. And more Urban Outfitters. Shoes, dresses, minijackets, bf cardigans, bags, sweaters and sweet underwear.
The best to move you: Ground zero, Strawberry Fields and JFK's gravesite
The best to impress you: the view from the Empire State Building, the Air and Space Museum, the White House, and how clean D.C. is.
... Simply the best.
Day One - St. Patrick's Day
the Boston Freedom Trail, U.S.S Constitution, the place where the Cheers bar used to be, Trinity Church, Prudential Building, Bunker Hill Monument (so many stairs), Old South meeting house, Old State house, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market (good thai food)

Day Two
Beacon Hill, Newbury Street, McDonald's (you can't bring food into the bus - well you can just suck it cos I got a big bag), Old Granary burying ground, Italian North End, Old North Church, the Big Dig, Cambridge's Harvard Square, Charles River, Harvard Yard, Harvard University, the EF main office with a piece of the Berlinermauer (stupid EF)

- I just learned today that the sea cucumber can vomit its internal organs as a defense and regrow them over several months. omg 98 days!